March 1-2, 2013
Sky Ute Casino in Ignacio, Colo.
Registration now closed.
For the latest details, please contact Lyle Willmarth at 970-884-9809.
Information on this page:
- Live Auction Items
- Silent Auction and Raffles
- Ladies Luncheon
- Featured Speaker
- Registration (closed)
- Hotel Info
- Trophy Entries, First Timer Awards & Trophy Display
Photo Contest: Categories will be Wildlife, Bowhunting, Scenic, and Trail Camera.All photos must be submitted by 11 a.m. on Sat., March 2, 2013. Photos must be at least 5” x 7” and must be either framed and/or matted. Your name and address must be on the BACK of the photo.
Craft Contest:All crafts must be submitted by 11 a.m. March 2, 2013. All crafts must be hand-made or hand-crafted.
Arrow Building Contest: All arrows must be submitted by 11 a.m. March 2, 2013.
Big Game Award Entries: If you are interested in submitting your harvested big game in the CBA Awards, or you would like to display your trophy at the banquet, please contact Mike Dziekan at email@example.com.
First Timer Award: To submit a bowhunter for a fi rst-timer award, please contact Mike Dziekan at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need the following information: First-Timer’s name and address, species harvested, county/state of harvest location and harvest date. Photos are greatly encouraged!
- Seven (7) Day Elk Archery Drop Camp Hunt for 2 Hunters: Hunt is located in GMU 24, in the Flattops Wilderness area, a draw area for archery (residents and non-residents can usually draw this area with no preference points). May expand the camp to 4 people at a cost of $1,350 per additional hunter. Will honor the package for the 2013, 2014 or if they try but are unable to draw would allow into the 2015 year. Package would include pack in, pack out, use of camp and equipment during the 7 day trip, and pack out of game. http://www.adamslodgeoutfitters.com
- Barren Ground Caribou, Black Bear & Wolf Combo Hunt: A 7-day wilderness hunt in Alaska with Alaska Trophy Hunts for Barren Ground Caribou, Black Bear and Wolf for 2013 or 2014. Hunt includes guiding and meals. Hunt can be upgraded at winner’s expense. Does not include license, tags or transportation. Donated by Tom Shankster of Alaska Trophy Hunts.
- Authentic African Adventures: 10 Day Hunt – 4 Hunters (2013 or 2014); Includes $500 credit towards Trophy Fee for each hunter; additional hunters/observers can be added as per price list on web-site. The “donation” includes the following: 3 Meals per day; Drinking Water, Cold Drinks, Beer & Wine; Clean & Neat Accommodation; Laundry Services; Hunting with registered PH hunters & guides; Field preparation of trophies; Pick/drop at Polokwane airport. The “donation” excludes the following: Air travel before, during and after hunt; Accommodation & travel before and after hunt not contracted in hunt; Trophy fees for animals taken / wounded; Hiring of rifle & ammunition; Preparation, packaging & documentation of trophies from South Africa. See web-site for trophy fees by species. www.authenticafricanadventures.org
- Authentic African Adventures: 7 Day Hunt – 2 Hunters (2013, 2014, or 2015); Includes one Impala for each hunter; additional hunters/observers can be added as per price list on web-site. The “donation” includes the following: 3 Meals per day; Drinking Water, Cold Drinks, Beer & Wine; Clean & Neat Accommodation; Laundry Services; Hunting with registered PH hunters & guides; Field preparation of trophies; Pick/drop at Polokwane airport. The “donation” excludes the following: Air travel before, during and after hunt; Accommodation & travel before and after hunt not contracted in hunt; Trophy fees for animals taken / wounded; Hiring of rifle & ammunition; Preparation, packaging & documentation of trophies from South Africa. See web-site for trophy fees by species. www.authenticafricanadventures.org
- Dos Plumas Ranch Hog Hunt: 1 Hunter, 2 days, 2 nights, License not included, room only, 2 hogs any size, additional hunters- $125/day, non-hunters- $75/day, 2013 West of Abilene, Texas. www.dosplumasranch.com
- Weaver Ranch Hog / Varmint Hunt: 4 Hunters, 3 days, 2013, License not included, guide assisted, room only, all the hogs and varmints you can shoot and fishing, Coleman, Texas.
- Upland Bird Hunt at Valhalla Bijou: Half day upland bird hunt (shotgun) (pheasant, chuckar) at Valhalla Bijou in eastern Colorado for two (2) hunters; Good for the 2013/2014 season; located in Bennett, Colorado. www.valhallahuntclub.com
- Pheasant Hunt: Pheasant hunt for one hunter – includes four birds – may bring additional hunters at regular price. E-mail email@example.com for details.
- Youth Turkey Hunt for 2013: Shotgun or Bow on private land west of Ft. Carson off Hwy 115. Youth only – no adult upgrades. Hunt until you harvest. Lodging and food not included. Prior notice of hunting is required.
- Guided Goose Hunt for 2 Hunters: Guided Goose Hunt for 2-hunters for 2013-2014 waterfowl season, Conducted out of pit-blinds in northern Colorado; hunting over quality decoys using proven calling techniques. Hunting license, transportation, lodging, meals not included. www.ponderosaoutfitters.com
- Black Canyon Traditional Bow custom made by Mike Hayes of Black Canyon Bows.
- Canvas Wall Tent, 14x16, w/Frame by Davis Tent and Awning.
- Handcrafted Scrimshaw Belt Buckle by Marve Clyncke.
- Custom Made Knife by Wayne Depperschmidt.
- $200 Glenwood Springs Spa Package – Glenwood Hot Springs.
Silent Auction: Over 50 items of merchandise to bid on that include Caribou Gear Game Bags; Day One Camo Parka; Heads Up Decoys; Colorado Hunt/Map Data Package from Hunt Data, LLC.; ADVOCARE products; Game Processing certificates - (Clark’s Processing, Steve’s Meat Market, Reliable Big Game Processing); taxidermy certificates – (Wildlife Expressions, Animal House Taxidermy, All Season Taxidermy), Custom Cedar Arrows from Pronghorn Custom Bows; Roe Hunting Resources Subscriptions; Peterson Bowhunting Subscriptions; AMS Bow Fishing Rig; custom elk calls; jewelry; art; and miscellaneous archery and outdoor equipment from Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Big Five, Muzzy, Black Widow, PSE, and Mathews.
Numerous Raffles that include: Mannequin Raffle (decked out in Sitka Gear with accessories); Stretch Raffle; Compound Bow Raffle, and numerous Kids/Youth prizes.
Vendor space is limited. Vendor spaces may be reserved for $75 or a donation of equal or greater value. For vendor information or registration, please contact Lyle Willmarth at 970-884-9809.
Menu: Sandwich bar with: fresh green salad, pasta, potato salad or cole slaw plus selection of breads, meats and cheese, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, onions, etc. and dessert.
Guest speaker Nathan Andersohn. More info coming soon.
Registration now closed.
For information please contact Lyle Willmarth at 970-884-9809.
For hotel reservations please call 1-800-876-7017. Ask for the "Colorado Bowhunters Conference Block" for a special room rate. Amenities include casino, bowling, indoor pool, RV hookups, mini golf, arcade and more.
Also, the Southern Ute Cultural Center and Museum is "next door." Admission is $5. This museum has Smithsonian quality exhibits.
(Deadline for Trophy Entry is February 11, 2013)
With the end of our hunting seasons rapidly approaching, planning and organizing the annual CBA Awards Banquet has shifted into high gear. For the next few months, many people will be working hard to arrange a program that all bowhunters and their families will enjoy.
One of the main attractions at this, and every banquet is the display of Colorado big game trophies taken by bowhunters this past year. It is the goal of the Records Committee to obtain the entry of every qualified trophy. Only the top trophy in each category will be named at the banquet, however a list of all the entries will be made available at each banquet table.
Please get your trophies scored right away and get them entered to avoid a last minute rush. Thank you!
Here’s how to get your trophy entered for the awards banquet this year:
- Membership in the CBA is not required to display a trophy. You must, however; be a CBA member to receive an award.
- Big-game entries must have been taken in accordance with Pope & Young rules of fair chase.
- The animal must have been taken in Colorado with bow and arrow, during the legal season for that species, within the calendar year of 2012 to receive an award, however; animals taken out-of-state can be displayed.
- Deer antlers in velvet will be accepted.
- It is not necessary that your trophy meet Pope & Young minimum scores to be entered in the banquet, but only animals meeting these minimum scores will be recorded for use in the future CBA record books.
- Submit a copy of the completed scoring form (signed by the measurer), Fair Chase Affidavit, and suitable field photo of your trophy (for use in a slide show at the banquet and for use in future records books).
As always we will also be recognizing those bowhunters who have taken their first big game animal with a bow and arrow. This is a very special award to provide recognition to hunters finding success for the first time. If you know of any bowhunter who has taken their first big game animal, please bring it to the attention of the Records Committee. Include the hunters name, address, and species. A suitable field photograph would be appreciated as well.
The pursuit of all Colorado species continues to gain in popularity as bowhunters from across the state strive to complete the Colorado Big 8, Big 9 and even the Big 10. To have your species quest accomplishment entered into the CBA’s recognition program, the following terms must be met:
- Successfully take, in any order, at least one of the original eight Colorado species. They are: Rocky Mountain Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Pronghorn, Black Bear, Cougar, Bighorn Sheep, and Mountain Goat.
- Entries may include either male or female animals of the species.
- Animals do not need to not need to be scored or meet any minimum score requirement.
- All animals must be taken in compliance with the regulations and laws of the State of Colorado.
- Meet all Big 8 requirements listed above; and,
- Successfully take either a Shiras Moose or Desert Bighorn Sheep.
- Meet all Big 8 requirements listed above; and,
- Successfully taken both a Shiras Moose and Desert Bighorn Sheep in either order.
To enter your accomplishment, please write a letter to the CBA Records Committee that simply lists in order each species taken along with the year taken. In the event that one has taken more than one of a particular species, one only needs to list the first animal taken. For the final species taken, include the actual date of harvest as award winners are recognized in chronological order. Your signature represents your compliance with the rules of the program.
Submit all entries to:
CBA Records Committee
c/o Mike Dziekan
3043 Blue Mountain Trail, Lyons, CO 80540
The trophy display is the highlight for many at each year’s banquet. Seeing all these tremendous animals knowing they were taken right here in Colorado is a great reminder of the wonderful opportunities we have available to us. To make sure each trophy display is bigger and better than the last, we invite those who have an animal that has never been displayed to please do so.
Download the info and instructions here, complete the coupon at the bottom, and let Big Game Chairman, Mike Dziekan know what you are bringing so he can make plans accordingly. Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-823-2420.